Monday, June 14, 2010

Rev Pardon Tillinghast

In June 1979, I received my AB degree from Brown University at the First Baptist Meeting House in Providence RI. Now, I find out that an ancestor of mine, Rev Pardon Tillinghast, was the pastor there in the late 17th-early 18th century. Tillinghast is an old Rhode Island name, one I heard many times when I was a student at Brown. I am related to Pardon Tillinghast through his daughter Sarah, who married Job Harrington. The Harringtons eventually ended up in Cambridge NY and intermarried with Lotts (from Bennington, VT) and Warners (from Cambridge, NY). The Cambridge NY cemeteries are full of Harringtons and Warners. I am related to Tillinghast through Anna Warner Johnson, the wife of my great great grandfather William Melancthon Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment