Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wow! This is cool!

I just figured out how to embed a whole book in this blog. I am researching John Lewis of Westerly, RI, who was one of the earliest settlers in RI. He arrived in the 1630s, is known to have been in Westerly in 1661, and died in 1690. He is buried near Watch Hill Rd. The book I have embedded is about Captain Edmund Lewis, an early settler of Lynn, MA, who arrived there in 1634 with a 3-yr-old son John. This John seems to be confused in many family trees with John Lewis of Westerly. I am not convinced they are the same person. Other information I have found suggests that John, son of Edmund, inherited his father's lands in Lynn and lived out his life there, dying in 1710. So here's the book. Happy reading. What I wanted to point out all happens in the first 10 pages. Suffice it to say, tracing the Lewis line all the way back to Noah is probably not possible. It makes you feel like a real stud to get back to 80 AD but you are likely kidding yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment